We receive several requests to formally verify the education particulars of Alumna who may have graduated several years ago. Invariably such requests are deemed to be extremely urgent. Whilst we make every effort to verify the particulars as quickly as possible, it does involve additional work for our staff and checking the old records from the Record Room, which are not yet fully digitised. Therefore we would appreciate if the requests are not repeated with urgency being emphasised. Please give us at least 10 days to respond to Education Verification requests.
To assist our staff in checking the records for the correct name, we require a photocopy of the third year marks sheet/ graduation certificate, which may invariably be attached to the request for verification of education particulars.
We receive several requests for preparation of Transcripts especially from Alumni who have proceeded abroad and may require the Transcripts to pursue further studies.
The correct procedure to obtain the Transcripts, including the costs involved is given below:
- Alumna residing in India are required to fill in an Application Form and deposit the requisite amount for the number of transcripts required.
- Alumna residing abroad may send the request by E-mail, no application form is required. The particulars of number of copies required, amount remitted, mode of remittance, the full particulars of to whom the Transcripts are to be posted etc. must be mentioned in the E-mail.
- To prepare the transcripts we require duly attested photocopies (obverse and reverse) of your degree certificate and third years marks sheet. In the absence of the degree certificate and marks sheets it is not possible to prepare the Transcripts.
- The cost of each transcript is given below. So if you require more than one copy the appropriate amount must be sent. In case the transcripts are to be sent by post outside Delhi then the postal charges as mentioned below will also have to be paid.
||Students who graduated less than 5 years ago:
||Rs 200 per copy
||Students who graduated more than 5 years ago:
||Rs 400 per copy
Note: The College reserves the right to modify the charges from time to time without notice.
Postal Charges. In case the transcript is to be sent to you by post the following additional charges will have to be incurred:
- By ordinary registered post: Rs. 60/- (In India)
- By speed post -- Within India: Rs 100/- -- Outside India: Rs 600/-
- By courier: Rs 600/- (Outside India only)
The amount duly calculated as above may be sent to us by certified bankers cheque/bank draft/money order payable in New Delhi, India. Cheques may be made out in the name of 'Principal, Lady Shri Ram College for Women'. Alternatively you may deposit the amount in cash at the Cash Collection Counter in the College, Mondays to Fridays between 2.30-4.30 p.m.
- A minimum time period of 15 days is required to prepare the Transcripts.
- The Delhi University does not permit issue of Transcripts to students who passed the BA Programme without Division.
To prepare the Transcripts it is necessary to have copies of your Degree Certificate and three years' marks sheets to know which subjects and subsidiaries you graduated in, as these keep changing from time to time.
The degree certificates and marks sheets are prepared by the Delhi University (North Campus), Delhi. They are received by the College two yeras after the completion of the examinations.
Generally you may collect the marks sheets from the College or authorise a representative to do so on your behalf on any working day between 2.30-4.30p.m. Most of the students do so. In case you had never collected your degree certificate or marks sheets, then chances are that they will still be available with the College office.
The problem arises when you request the College to provide the duplicate copies of degree certificates and marks sheets. We cannot keep copies of degree certificates and marks sheets.
Getting duplicate copies of degree certificates and marks sheets is an involved process. For duplicate Degree certificates you have to lodge a FIR with the police reporting its loss. The DU also requires that you submit an Affidavit signed by a Sub Divisional Magistrate requesting a duplicate. The Affidavit is to be submitted to Delhi University along with the appropriate charges mentioned below. The duplicate Marks Sheet requires a form to be filled up and submitted with appropriate charges:
|For Duplicate Degree Certificate:
||Rs 1000/- + FIR + Affidavit + Duplicate Degree Form duly verified by the Principal.
|For Duplicate Marks Sheet:
||(1) For Current Year: Rs 200/-
(2) For up to 10 years ago: Rs 500/-
(3) For more than 10 years ago: Rs 1000/-
- The Delhi University may modify the charges from time to time without notice.
- The duplicate degree certificate or statement of marks is then issued by the DU North/South Campus respectively.
- You will appreciate that it is not possible for the College to do this on behalf of ex-students.
- Your best bet therefore is to find a relative or friend in Delhi who can do this job for you.
Migration certificates are issued by Delhi University. You are required to fill up a form (available at the College), get it countersigned at the College and then submit it at DU with a fee of Rs 200.
If you reside outside Delhi, you may have to depute someone here to get this done on your behalf, as it may take DU anything from 10-15 days to prepare a migration certificate.
Forms to be used