The Indian Music Society of LSR is famous in the music circle for its fine quality and brimming enthusiasm. The society focuses on:-
- Understanding the different aspects of music (such as sur, taal voice culture etc.) through sessions with experts.
- Practicing and perfecting the art of choir singing.
- Understanding Raagas and composing music.
- Inclusion of more students who do not compete but are enthusiastic to learn and perform.
- Placing interest over ability.
- Boosting confidence by mixing fun with music.
- Performing at various college events.
- Making the college experience much richer as a whole.
President : Nanki Bedi
Gen. Secretary: Unnimaya C
Treasurer: Anshul Prakash
Coordinator (Instrumentalists): Sarandha Chandel, Rukmini Swaminathan
Staff Advisor :
Ms. Debatri Bhattacharjee, Ms. Gunjan Pradhan, Ms Maitreyee Mandal, Ms. Shruti Kapur
Dhwani - The Indian Music Society saw a very
successful and eventful year both within and
outside college. Dhwani represented the college
at various prestigious programmes such as One
Billion Rising at India Habitat Centre, Music For
Harmony organised by NGO Pravah at Dilli Haat,
WISCOMP Saahas Awards at India International
Centre and the College Alumna NGO Drive at
The year started with the
annual in-house and core team auditions through
which several talented singers were welcomed into
the team. Subsequently, Dhwani along with its core
and in-house team organised and successfully
performed a collaboration with the Indian Classical
Dance Society for the Independence Day
celebrations. Dhwani also performed at several
other events like Martyr’s Day, Teacher’s Day,
College Day and Orientation Day.
Through regular voice training sessions and practices, they
composed their annual piece in Raag Yaman.
This piece was performed at various college festivals
and competitions which enabled Dhwani to win
several laurels for the college.
During Tarang, Dhwani organised six events that provided a platform to various students from all over the country to showcase their talents.