Dr. Sunalini Kumar
Chapters in Books/ Textbooks:
Book Reviews in Journal:
- Kumar, S. (2013). Chronicle of a Death Untold: The Lethal Geographies of Delhi’s Periphery. In N. Menon, A. Nigam & S. Palshikar (Eds.). Critical Studies in Politics: Sites, Selves, Power (pp. 131-183). New Delhi: Orient Blackswan. (ISBN: 10: 8125052704)(ISBN-13: 978-8125052708)
- Kumar, S. (2012). Clean Air: Dirty Logic? In R. Desai & R. Sanyal (Eds.). Urbanising Citizenship: Contested Spaces in Indian Cities (pp. 135-160).Delhi, London and Thousand Oaks, California: Sage (ISBN: 9788132107309)
- Kumar, S. (2008). Nationalism. In R. Bhargava & A. Acharya (Eds.), Political Theory: An Introduction (pp. 258-271). New Delhi: Penguin-Pearson. (ISBN: 8131706257, 9788131706251)
- Kumar, S. (2008). Socialism. In R. Bhargava & A. Acharya (Eds.) Political Theory: An Introduction (pp. 244-256). New Delhi: Penguin-Pearson. (ISBN: 8131706257, 9788131706251)
Papers Presented in National/ International Conferences:
- Kumar, S. (2015) Review of Awadhendra Sharan’s In the City Out of Place in Himal South Asian (ISSN 1012-9804 )
- Kumar, S.(2010) Review of Emergence of the Political Subject in Economic and Political Weekly, 23-35. (ISSN 0012-9976)
- Kumar, S.(2006)Review of Decentralizing Local Governance in Social Scientist, 99- 102( ISSN 0970-0293)
- Kumar, S. (2014). The Changing Indian State in urban Development: Collaborative Suburbanization in Delhi-NCR 1980s to 2000s, on ‘Contradictions on Development in the Globalizing South; Socio-Spatial Perspective’, interdisciplinary ICCSR National Seminar organised by Department of Geography, Mumbai University, 25-26th February, 2014.
- Kumar, S. (2014). Urban Entrepreneurs and Collaborative Suburbanization in Delhi-NCR; Revisiting the State-Society Debate of the 1980s, International Seminar ‘Frontiers of Political Theory’, Jawaharlal Nehru University, January, 2014.
- Kumar, S. (2011). Chronicle of a Death Foretold: The Lethal Geographies of Delhi’s Periphery, International Conference ‘Human Rights Beyond the law: Politics, Practices, Performances of Protest’ organised by Jindal Global Law School, Sonepat, September, 2011.
- Kumar, S. (2008). On feminist pedagogy, at the Silver Jubilee Conference on the Indian association of Women’s Studies, Lucknow, February, 2008.
- Kumar, S. (2007). Global City: Local Protest, Conference on ‘Globalizing Urban Histories’ organised by the Centre for Research in the Arts, Social Sciences and Humanities (CRAASSH), Cambridge University, UK, December, 2007.
- Kumar, S. (2006). Gender and Space, National Conference ‘Justice is Divided Societies’ organised by the Calcutta Research Group in collaboration with Lok Niti, CSDS, Bhubaneshwar, 2006.
- Kumar, S. (2004). In This Greedy Roughhouse of Politics: Issue, Class and the Public Sphere in the CNG controversy in Delhi, Seventh Subaltern Studies Conference at the Center for Study of Developing Societies (CSDS), Delhi, 6-9th January, 2004. Also, presented at the ‘Urban Environments Workshop’, organised by Sarai-CSDS, Delhi November, 2004.
- Kumar, S. (2014). Discussant, Young Scholars’ Seminar, Centre for Historical Studies, Jawaharlal Nehru University, 2013 and 2014.
- Kumar, S. (2010). Humanities for post-Humanist World, lecture delivered at Faculty of Humanities and Linguistics, Addis Ababa University, Ethiopia, May 2010.
- Kumar, S. (2006). Participant and discussant in Seminar on ‘Globalisation’ organised by Leftword Publications, Jamia Milia Islamia University, Delhi, 2006.