Dr. Mahesh Panicker
Papers Presented in National/ International Conferences:
- Panicker, M.S. (2017). “China, India, and the Changing Dynamics of the Politics of Globalization” in the International Conference “Whither the Global Village: Is Globalisation in Retreat?,” at the Department of Politicsand Governance, Central University of Kashmir, Srinagar, 13-14 October, 2017.
- Panicker, M.S. (2013). Disability and Theories of Distributive Justice, National Seminar on ‘Distributive Justice and Marginalised Sections in Kerela’, Maharaja’s College: Eranakulam, Kerela, 4th December, 2013.
- Panicker, M.S. (2011). The Conception of the Person in Rawl’s and Dworkin: A Critique from a Disability Perspective, National Seminar on ‘Exploring Disability experience in Social Science Research,’, Center for the Study of Social Systems, JNU, 25-26th March, 2011.
- Panicker, M.S. (2009). Disability and the Rights Discourse, National Seminar on ‘The Human Rights Discourse in India: Challenges for Theory and Action’, Jamia Millia Islamia University, 2-3rd December, 2009.
- Panicker, M.S. (2009). Beyond medical dogmatism and Constructivist Orthodoxy: The Capability Framework for Understanding Disablity, National Seminar on ‘Disability and Disenchantment: New Challenges and Evolving Directions’, JNU, 2-3rd March, 2009.
- Panicker, M.S. (2009). Has Conventional theories of Justice misrepresented the issues of Disability?, National Seminar on’Social Justice in India: Theory, Movement, Instituiton and Policy’, Centre for Political Studies, JNU, 15-17th January, 2009.
- “Rethinking the Political: The What and Why of a Dynamic Concept”, Annual Special Lecture, Department of Political Science, Marthoma College, Thiruvalla Kerala, (Mahatma Gandhi University), 8th July 2017.
- Panicker, M.S. (2015). The Capability Approach and Disability: Some Emerging Questions, in the Nirman Foundation workshop, ‘Reading Texts by Martha Nussbaum’, Centre for Political studies, JNU, 23rd March, 2015.
- Panicker, M.S. (2014). Legal Conception of Disability in India: An Evaluation of Disability Legislations, in the ICSSR Project Workshop on ‘Discrimination, Difference and Legal Justice in India, Centre for Political Studies, JNU, 14th October, 2014.