Department Of Journalism
Dr. Vartika Nanda
Honours & Awards:
- Nanda, V. (2018) Media Laws and Ethics, Kanishka Publishers: ISBN978-81-8457-839-3
Nanda, V. (2016) Tinka Tinka Dasna (Hindi): TinkaTinka Foundation: ISBN 978-93-5265-729-2 ( First ever reporting from inside the jail)
- Nanda, V. (2016) Tinka Tinka Dasna (English):Tinka Tinka Foundation: ISBN 978-93-5265-730-8 ( This book has been translated by Dr. Nupur Talwar from inside the prison)
- Nanda, V. (2015). Raniyan Sab Janti Hain. Delhi: Vani Prakashan.( (selected amongst TOP 5 books by Femina) (ISBN 978-93- 5072-976-2)
- Nanda, V. (2015). Khabar Yahan Bhi. Delhi: Samayik Prakashan. (ISBN 978-81-7138- 286-6)
- Nanda, V & Mehra, V. (Eds.) (2013). Tinka Tinka Tihar. Delhi: Rajkamal Prakashan. (ISBN: 978-81-267-2565-6) Included in the Limca Book of Records
- Nanda, V. (2012). Thee. Hoon..Rahungi… Delhi: Rajkamal Prakashan. (ISBN 978-81- 267-2232-7)
- Nanda, V. (2011). Marjani. Delhi: Rajkamal Prakashan (ISBN 2011978-81-267-2098- 9)
- Nanda, V. (2010). Television aur Crime Reporting. Delhi: Rajkamal Prakashan. (ISBN 2010978-81-267-1943-3)
- Nanda, V. (2005). Television aur Apraadh Patrakarita Crime Reporting. Delhi: Indian Institute of Mass Communication. (ISBN 81-87481-03-X)
Special Mention: Work on Prison Reforms:
2017: Her song, TinkaTinkaTihar, entered into the Limca Book of Records for its uniqueness. This is the second record set by her in the field of prison reforms.
- 2014: The President of India, Shri Pranab Mukherjee conferred the Stree Shakti Puraskar (Rani Gaidinliu Zeliang Award) on her on the occasion of International Women’s Day at Rashtrapati Bhavan in March 2014. This award was given in recognition for her contribution in creating awareness on women’s issues through media and literature. Instituted in 1991, these awards are given to six illustrious women on the occasion of International Women’s Day every year.
- 2015: Included in the Limca Book of Records, 2015, her book, TinkaTinkaTihar (Co authored with Vimla Mehra, IPS, Former DG, Delhi Prisons) is the first book of collection of poems written by selected women inmates of Tihar Jail.
- 2015: Ojaswini Vishisht Alankaran,2015 for her work on Prisons and Media given by the Finance Minister of Madhya Pradesh: Dec 13
- 2015: Javitri Devi Joshi award by DwarkaSewa Nidhi for her contribution in human interest stories, Jaipur, Rajasthan
- 2015: Laadli Media and Advertising Award for Gender Sensitivity for the year 2013-14 for the public service film – Nanakpura Kuch Nahi Bhoolta. This film was selected as the Best issue based Documentary in Hindi for the Northern Region and the award was given by the Culture Minister of Madhya Pradesh.
- 2015: Women Achiever Award : 1st World Women Award: Empowering Women: Gandhi Peace Foundation Auditorium, New Delhi
- 2015: Women Achiever Award given by Smt. Mridula Sinha, Governor, Goa: Organised by Delhi Study Group:
- 2014: Felicitated by the then DG, IIMC under the Campus Writer Project organised by the IIMC Alumni Association
- 2013: Youth Icon of the Year Award presented by Vijay Bahuguna, then Chief Minister, Uttarakhand in Dehradun
- 2013: One of the 108 journalists in the Encyclopedia of World Great Journalists published by Alfa Publications. The cover depicts my portrait along with 13 other journalists from across the globe.
- 2012: Dr. Radhakrishnan Memorial National Media Award
- 2012: Rituraj Parmpara Samman for the collection of poetry – Thee. Hoon..Rahungi… published by Rajkamal Prakashan in 2012
- 2011: Selected as one of the top 111 Hindi women writers of the world (in the 21st century) by the Sunday Indian Group (Planman Media) in 2011
- 2007: Received the Bhartendu Harish Chandra Award by the I &B Ministry
Film/ Direction/ Lyrics:
- Vartika Nanda is a Prison Reform Activist and the founder of the TinkaTinka Project- a unique series to bring change in the lives of the inmates, draw attention towards human rights, encourage literacy and skill development in jails and work towards reformation and rehabilitation of inmates. She has started two awards exclusively for inmates – Tinka Tinka India Awards and Tinka Tinka Bandini Awards. These awards are aimed at encouraging prisoners towards creative writing, and work on art and literature on human rights issues.
Chapters in Books:
- 2016 :Tinka Tinka Dasna: Conceptualized and written by Vartika Nanda and sung by the convicts of Dasna Jail, Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh, this song is now the theme song of the jail.
- 2015: Gaon Ki Selfie – Conceptualized and written by Vartika Nanda, this song on women empowerment was released by Shri Suresh Prabhu, Union Railway Minister, GOI. This is sung by Padamshri Malini Awasthi.
- 2015: Conceptualized, scripted and directed a unique musical video of its kind, Tinka Tinka Tihar showcasing the musical wealth of Tihar inmates. This film was released in Parliament House Chamber by Smt Sumitra Mahajan, Hon’ble Speaker, Lok Sabha in May 2015. For the first time, a film of this kind has been shot inside any prison in India.
- 2015: Part of the 3-member jury for NSFA and SFFI at FTII, Pune in Feb 2015 for the selection of films. She was also given a letter of appreciation by the Director, FTII, Pune.
- 2014: Scripted, produced and directed a film under the title - Nirbhaya (based on a mobile application on women safety) for UP Police. A special letter of appreciation was issued to her by the UP Police.
Papers in Journals (National/International):
Nanda, V. (2013). EkPaati Facebook keNaam. In S. Dwivedi (Ed.). Social Networking: NayeSamaykaSamvaad (pp. 29-32). New Delhi: Yash Publications. (ISBN 978-81-926053-6-4)
- Nanda, V. (2013). Jankraantiyon Main Dikhte Internet ke Fingerprint. In M. K. Mishra(Ed.). Web Media aur Hindi kaVaishvikPridrishya (pp. 32-36). New Delhi: Yugm. (ISBN 978-93-81394-43-4)
- Nanda, V. (2013). MahilaaurVimarshkeeZameenke Beech. In V. Uppal (Ed.). NayeSamay main Media (86-95). New Delhi: Yash Publications. (ISBN 978-93-81945-61- 2)
- Nanda, V. (2012). Light, Camera, Action, Anna. In A. Prakash (Ed.). Annandolan: SambhavnaayeinaurSawal (pp. 157-167). Delhi: Harper Collins & India Today. (ISBN 978-93-50289-221-1)
- Nanda, V. (2011). Foreword in A. Nagpal (Ed.). From News to Infotainment to Tamasha (pp. xvii- xx). New Delhi: Fuzion Works. (ISBN 978-81-903580-8-8)
- Nanda, V. (2011). Ek Minute ka Media Prashikshan. In S. Dwivedi (Ed.). Media Shiksha – MuddeaurApekshaayein (pp. 55-57). New Delhi: Yash Publications (ISBN978-93-81130-81-0)
International Seminars (from 2010):
- Nanda, V. (2013). PuraneSawalonke beech NayeSamadhanonkeeTalash. Media Vimarsh, December, 46-48. (ISSN 2249- 0599)
- Nanda, V. (2012). MahilaaurVimarshkeeZameenke Beech. Media Vimarsh, July – Sept, 46-50. (ISSN 2249-0599)
- Nanda, V. (2010). Media main India, India main Media. Communication Today, July-Sept, 108-109. (ISSN 0975 -217X)
National Seminars: 2015 (Keynote Speaker/ Speaker/ Expert):
- Nanda, V. (2015). Speaker and Media Coordinator, Role of Media in WASH, International Conference on Global Interfaith WASH Alliance Summit in association with UNICEF, Rishikesh, 28-30th November, 2014.
- Nanda, V. (2014). Consulate General of India, International Regional Hindi Conference in association with New York University and Columbia University, New York, 25-27th April, 2014.
- Nanda, V. (2014). Moderator and Speaker, Mahasamar: In conversation with Narendra Kohli at Jaipur Literature Festival, 17th January, 2014.
- Nanda, V. (2014). Speaker, Prisons of the Mind at Jaipur Literature Festival, 19th January, 2014.
- Nanda, V. (2014). Speaker and Moderator, Ek Vachan, Bahu Vachan at Jaipur Literature Festival, 20th January, 2014.
- Nanda, V. (2014). Speaker and Moderator, Navras at Jaipur Literature Festival, 21st January, 2014.
- Nanda, V. (2013). Broadcasting For Masses (Gender Perspective), International Conference by Broadcasting Engineering Society, Delhi, 21st January, 2013.
- Nanda, V. (2012). The Role of Media and the Hindi Language, at Vishwa Hindi Sammelan organised by the Ministry of External Affairs, Governmet of India in Johannesburg, South Africa, 25th September, 2012.
- Nanda, V. (2012). Hindi aur Soochna Praudyogiki, International Conference on 10thAnter-Rashtreey Hindi Utsav by Hansraj College & Aksharam, Delhi, 12th January, 2012.
- Nanda, V. (2012). Social Message and the Media, International Conference by Dayal Bagh Educational Institution, Agra, 3-4TH February, 2012.
- Nanda, V. (2012). Challenges & Future of Media Teaching, Hindi Conference organised by Aston University, Birmingham, UK in collaboration with High Commission of India, London and Consulate General of India, Birmingham, 24-26th June, 2011.
- Nanda, V. (2011). Citizen’s learning for Global Democracy, International Conference on Building Global Democracy in collaboration with SSS, JNU, Delhi, 2-4th September, 2011.
National Seminars: 2014 (Keynote Speaker/ Speaker/ Expert):
- Nanda, V. (2015). Speaker, People Friendly Policing, Rajasthan Police Academy in collaboration with BPR&D, 6TH October, 2015.
- Nanda, V. (2015). Speaker & Chief Guest, Media ke Zamane main Hindi, organized by NTPC, Delhi, 14th September, 2015
- Nanda, V. (2015). Speaker, Naye Daur main Patrakarita aur Sahitya ka Rishta, Hindi Department, Hindu College, Delhi University, Delhi, 7th September, 2015.
- Nanda, V. (2015). Keynote Speaker, Hindi aur Media, NTPC, Delhi, 1st September, 2015.
- Nanda, V. (2015). Judge and Speaker, Abhivyakti, CDOT, Delhi, 18th June, 2015.
- Nanda, V. (2015). Keynote Speaker, Women Secutiry (Post Nirbhaya), SAMPURNA, Delhi, 10th May, 2015.
- Nanda, V. (2015). Speaker, Ashok Chakradhar ki Kavitaon kee Rachna Prakriya, Hindi- Urdu Sahitya Award Committee, Lucknow, 23rd March, 2015.
- Nanda, V. (2015). Speaker, Ham Kya The, Kya Hain, Kya Hongei kabhi, Kirori Mal College, Delhi, 13th March, 2015.
National Seminars: 2013 (Keynote Speaker/ Speaker/ Expert:
- Nanda, V. (2015). Speaker and Moderator, Online Journalism, Samayik Prakashan, Delhi, 21st November, 2015.
- Nanda, V. (2014). Speaker, Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao, ASSOCHAM, Delhi, 16th December, 2014.
- Nanda, V. (2014). Speaker and Moderator, Issues of Rape Victims and Release of ‘locating the survivor in the Indian Criminal Justice system: decoding the Law’ by Lawyers Collective Women’s Rights Initiative, Delhi, 10th December, 2014.
- Nanda, V. (2014). Keynote Speaker, Juvenile Justice System in the 21st Century, Sampoorna, Delhi, 10th October, 2014.
Regional Seminars: 2013:
- Nanda, V. (2013). Speaker, Mahilaon Ke Prati Apradh aur Media ke Sarokar, by Madhya Pradesh Police and Crime against Women Cell, Bhopal, 16th December, 2013.
- Nanda, V. (2013). Speaker, Vartman Pridrshiya aur Electronic Media, Hindi Academy, Delhi, 26th April, 2013.
- Nanda, V. (2013). Participation in High Level Committee on Status of Women by the Ministry of WCD, Delhi, 4-5th February, 2013.
- Nanda, V. (2013). Chief Guest and Speaker, Debate: Media is the Mirror of the Society, Bhim Rao Ambedkar College, Delhi University, Delhi, 1st February, 2013.
- Nanda, V. (2013). Speaker, Centre for Readership Development: Jansamvaad, Patna Book Fair, Patna, Bihar 14-15th March, 2013.
- Nanda, V. (2013). Speaker, Issues Within Media, Dhyaneshwar Mulay Education Society, Pune, Maharashtra, 9th February, 2013.
- Nanda, V. (2013). Chief Guest and Keynote speaker, Ethics in Reporting, Ambedkar College, University of Delhi, Delhi, 1st February, 2013.
© Copyright 2016 Lady Shri Ram College for Women, All rights reserved.