Department Of History
Dr. Pankaj Jha
Chapter(s) in Books:
Papers in Journals (National/International):
- Jha, P. (2008). A Table Laden with Good Things: Reading a Fourteenth Century Sufi Text. In A. Gupta & S. Chakrovorty (Eds.). Moveable Type: Book History in India (pp. 3-25). New Delhi: Permanent Black. (ISBN: 81-7824-217-6)
- Jha, P. (2008). Itihās darśan. In S.S. Shashi (Ed.). Sāmājik Vijnān ka Hindi Viśwakoṣ (pp. 43 48). Delhi: Suryaprabha Prakashan. (ISBN: 81-7570-059-9)
- Jha, P. (2007). Translated Peasants, Landlords and the State: Agrarian Society and the Mughal Empire from English to Hindi, Kisan Zamindar aur Rajya: Krishi Samaj aur Mughal Samrajya. In N. Yadav (Ed.). Themes in Indian History (Bharatiya Itihas keKuchh Vishaya), Part II, Class XII History Textbook (pp. 196-223). Delhi: NCERT. (ISBN: 81-7450-759-0)
- Jha, P. (2005). Caste and Society. In The Timechart History of India, (spreadsheet folio nos. 4 7). Bath: Robert Frederick (ISBN: 0-7554-5162-7)
- Jha, P. (2005). Religion. In The Timechart History of India (pp. 12-14). Bath: Robert Frederick. (ISBN: 0-7554-5162-7)
- Jha, P. (2005). Mughal Architecture. In The Timechart History of India (pp. 30-34). Bath: Robert Frederick. (ISBN: 0-7554-5162-7)
- Jha, P. (2004). Maneri’s Malfuz: Writing Orality and Devising Public Space in a 14th century Muslim Settlement in Bihar. In M.D. Muthukumarswamy & M. Kaushal (Eds.). Folklore, Public Sphere and Civil Society (pp. 92-102). New Delhi: IGNCA & NFSC. (ISBN: 81-901481-4-1)
Papers presented in National/International Conferences: :
- Jha, P. (2016). Literary Conduits for ‘Consent’: Cultural Groundwork of the Mughal State in the Fifteenth Century”, The Medieval History Journal, vol. 19 (2016), no. 2,
pp. 322-50. ISSN: 0971-9458
- Jha, P. (2016). 'Vidyapati: Itihaaskaaron ki Prateeksha mein, Pratimaan, vol. 6 (2016), pp. 220-39. ISSN: 2320-8201
- Jha, P. (2016). "विद्यापति: इतिहासकारों की प्रतीक्षा में". प्रतिमान वर्ष 4, अंक 7, पृ. 220-39. विकासशील समाज अध्ययन पीठ (CSDS)
- Jha, P. (2014). Beyond the Local and the Universal: Exclusionary strategies of expansive literary cultures in fifteenth century Mithila. Indian Economic and Social History Review, 51(1), 1-40. (ISSN: 0019-4646)
- Jha, P. (2005). Idioms of Power. Biblio, X (7-8), 33-34. (ISBN: 81-7824-062-9)
- Jha, P. (2017). “Society before State: Language, Literature and Power in (Pre) Mughal Times” in a conference called Crossing Boundaries organized at and by the Department of History, University of Delhi, North Campus on 27 February 2017.
- Jha, P. (2017). “Beyond Universal Keys and Unmoving Chronologies: Fifteenth Century and Other Missing Links ‘Indian’ History” in a Workshop on Pedagogy andHistory called Time Frames: Questioning Chronologies in South Asia’s Pasts organized at and by the Department of History, Shiv Nadar University, Gautam Buddha Nagar, U.P. on 24 February, 2017.
- Jha, P. (2016). "Securing the Naukar: caste, gender and the ‘domestic’ in the fifteenth century Mithila." European Conference on South Asian Studies at Warsaw (Poland) on 28 July, 2016.
Book Review in Journals:
- Jha, P. (2013). Gender, Varṇa and Vidyapati. Occasional Paper Series (New), Nehru Museum and Memorial Library (pp. 1-31). (ISBN: 81 – 87614 – 90 – 0)
Articles in Newspapers/Magazines:
- Jha, P. (2013). [Review Essay on Pollock, Busch and O’Hanlon]. Medieval History Journal, 16(1), 221-232. (Print ISSN: 0971-9458 Online ISSN: 0973-0753)
- Jha, P. (2012). Reeti Sahitya aur Sanskritik Patan ka Mithak. [Review of the book Poetry of Kings: The Classical Hindi Literature of Mughal India by Allison Busch]. Nayapath, 26(3-4). 137-39.
- Jha, P. (2005). Idioms of Power. [Review of the book Languages of Political Islam by Muzaffar Alam]. Biblio, X (7-8), 33-34. (ISBN: 81-7824-062-9)
- Jha, P. (2013). ‘Faulty Foundations’, Outlook Magazine, 30th May, 2013.
- Jha, P. (2013). Khokhalî Buniyaad ke Paath, in Jansattaa, 24th May, 2013.
- Jha, P. (2011). ‘Costly Haste: on Semesterisation of Delhi University Undergraduate Courses’, in Frontline, Vol. 28, issue 14, pp. 25-28. 2nd July -15th July, 2011. (ISSN : 0970-1710).
- Jha, P. (2007). ‘Obscured by Myth: Conversion or the Art of Asking the Wrong Question’, in The Times of India (editorial), 10th January, 2007.
- Chaired a session entitled “Mughal Households” in an International Conference organized by European Research Council on Servants’ Pasts at the Centre for the Study of Developing Societies (CSDS), New Delhi on 16 February, 2017.
- Delivered a lecture on the theme “Choosing a Topic and Framing Research Questions” in the Student Workshop for Research Paper Writing organized by the Department of History LSR College in the college on 18 January, 2017.
- Delivered a lecture entitled "Languages and Literatures: A History of Purity and Infidelity in Medieval India" in a Refresher Course in History organized at and by The UGC Human Resource Development Centre of Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi on 24 August, 2016.
- Delivered a lecture entitled “The Language Question in India” in the International Summer School organized by the ISS Establishment at JNU, New Delhi on 14 July, 2016.
- Delivered a lecture entitled "Languages in the Middle Ages" in the In-Service Course for the PGTs of Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan at the KV Vasant Kunj, New Delhi on
24 May, 2016.
- Jha, P. (2008). Translated the chapter ‘Peasants, Landlords and the State: Agrarian Society and the Mughal Empire’ from English to Hindi Kisan Zamindaraur Rajya: Krishi Samajaur Mughal Samrajya for Class XII History Textbook, Themes in Indian History (Bharatiya Itihaske Kuchh Vishaya), Part II, NCERT, Delhi, pp. 196-223, 2008.
Received a Bursary of 3000 Polish Zloty (Approx. Rs. 52000) and another grant of Rs. 50,000 from European Research Council to present a paper at the European Conference on South Asian Studies at Warsaw (Poland) in July, 2016.
© Copyright 2016 Lady Shri Ram College for Women, All rights reserved.