Dr. Akanksha Narayan Singh
Paper(s) in Journal(s) (National/International):
Papers presented in national/international conferences :
- Singh, A.N. (2015). ‘Slavery in the 19th Century India: Continuity and Change’ in Journal of Advances and Scholarly Researches in Allied Education, Vol. X, Issue No. XIX, July 2015. Pp. 1-5. (ISSN 2230-7540).
- Singh, A.N. (2015). ‘Bondage in Contemporary India’ in Contemporary Issues and Awareness, Vol. 2, Issue 6, October 2015. Pp. 38-39. (RNI no. DELENG/2014/56846).
- Singh, A.N. (2015). ‘Yakshi: The Journey of the Mother Goddess’ in Indian Art Tradition’ in Journal of Advances and Scholarly Researches in Allied Education, Vol. IX, Issue No. XVII, January 2015. Pp. 1-3. (ISSN 2230-7540)
- Singh, A.N. (2014). ‘Regulating Slavery in Colonial India’ in Journal of Labour and Development, Vol. 22, No. 2, December 2014. Pp. 102 – 120. (ISSN 0973-0419).
- Singh, A.N. (2013). ‘Agricultural Bondage in 19th Century UP’ in Proceedings of the Indian History Congress, 74th Session, Cuttack, 2013. Pp.470 – 481. (ISSN 2249 – 1937).
- Presented paper titled ‘Domesticating the Discourse on Servitude : Slavery vs Service’ in Conference on Servants’ Past organised by Humboldt University and Re:work I’m Berlin, Germany from 11th April to 13th April, 2018.
- Presented paper titled ‘Usages of Custom and Law in Remoulding Master-Slave relation after 1843 in British India’ in Workshop on Enslavement in Indian Ocean World in Kalmar, Sweden from 8th to 9tth September 2017 organized by Centre fit Concurrence I’m Colonial and Postcolonial Studies, Linnaeus University and IISH, Amsterdam.
- Presented paper titled 'Aspects of Servitude and Dependence in Colonial North India c. 1800-1920' in the workshop on Children, Apprentices, Slaves. Forms of dependence, from the Antiquity to our Days, 4-5th February 2017 in EHESS, Paris (France).
- Presented paper titled 'Slavery and Slave Trade in 19th century Colonial India' in the workshop on Slave Trade in Indian Ocean held in International Institute of Social History, 9th to 12th November 2016 in Amsterdam (The Netherlands).