Department Of English
Ms. Wafa Hamid
Chapters in a books:
Papers in Journals (National/ International):
- Hamid W. (2014). Lyric History of the Interregnum: A Study of the Poetry of Faiz Ahmed Faiz. In Prof. Ali R. Fatihi (Ed.). Internalizing Faiz Ahmed Faiz (pp. 217-225). New Delhi: Lambert Academic Publishing. (ISBN: 978-3-8454-1724-0)
Papers Presented in National/International Conferences:
- Hamid, Wafa (2015) "The Poetics of Identity in Agha Shahid Ali's Ghazals" in GD Goenka Journal of Applied Psychology: Research journal for School of Humanities and Social Sciences. Vol I Issue 2. July-Dec 2015. ISSN 2395-1036. Pg 82-89.
- Hamid W. (2014). Anandavardhana’s Dhvani Theory and the Urdu Ghazal, The Vedic Path, 88(1&2), 88-98. (ISSN: 0970-1443)
- Hamid W. (2012). Gender in the Ghazal. Points of View, 19(2), 126-131. (ISSN: 0971-605X)
Book reviews published in journals:
- Hamid, W. (2014). Resisting the Form, Turning the Gaze: Urdu Poetry as Feminist Testimonial, 8th Asian Political and International Studies Conference in Chiang Mai University, Chiang Mai, Thailand, 19-20th September, 2014.
- Hamid, W. (2013). Ravishing (Dis) unities: The Poetics of Spatial and Religious Identity in Agha Shahid Ali’s Ghazals, National Seminar on ‘Indian World(s) of Indian English Literature’ at Centre for English Studies, Jawaharlal Nehru University, 14-15th March, 2013.
- Hamid, W. (2011). The Land Beyond the Mist: Discursivising Political and Social Space through Canadian Comics, International Seminar on ‘Building Bridges: Negotiating Cultural Memories in Canada and India’ at Jadavpur University, Kolkata, 15-18th February, 2011.
- Hamid, W. (2011). Contextualizing the Indian ‘Common Man’: Representation of India by R.K. Laxman, International Conference on ‘Contextualizing the ‘Contemporary’ in Culture’ at IIT Madras, Chennai, 1-2nd February, 2011.
- Hamid, W. (2011). The Anti Ghazal: The Ghazal As Feminist Testimonial, IACLAS Annual Conference on ‘Comparative Cultural Studies: Towards New Postcolonial Paradigms’ at Centre for Comparative Literature, Institute of English, University of Kerala, Trivandrum, 27-29th January, 2011.
- Hamid, W. (2010). Nuff’ of the Ruff’ Stuff: Female Black Rappers and Black Feminism in Students, National Seminar on ‘Representing Conflict’, at University of Delhi, 11-13th November, 2010.
- Hamid, W. (2010). Anandavardhana’s Dhvani Theory and the Urdu Ghazal, International Seminar ‘Theory at Work: Text, History and Culture’ at Banaras Hindu University, 9-11th November, 2010.
- Hamid, W. (2010). Highways to Heaven: Religious Symbolism in American Popular Music, International Conference-cum-Workshop, ‘American Studies and the Popular’, Hyderabad Central University, 6-8th September, 2010.
- Hamid, W. (2008). Symbolism in Margaret Atwood’s ‘Surfacing’, 53rd All India English Teachers’ Conference, Gurukul Kangri Vishwavidyalaya, Haridwar, 18-20th December, 2008.
- Hamid, W. (June 2017).Review of the book Loitering with Intent: The Diary of a Happy Traveller by Ritu Menon in The Earthern Lamp Journal. Vol. V, Issue I. (ISSUE 13) ISSN: 2327-29.
- Hamid, W. (June 2017). Review of the book How I Became a Tree by Sumana Roy in The Earthern Lamp Journal. Vol. V, Issue I. (ISSUE 13) ISSN: 2327-29.
- Hamid, W. (Nov 2015-Feb 2016) "Beyond the Margins: Caste Culture and Politics in Daya Pawar's Baluta" [Review of the book Baluta by Daya Pawar trans. by Jerry Pinto] in The Earthern Lamp Journal. Vol. III, Issue II (ISSUE 8). ISSN: 2327-29.
- Hamid, W. (Nov 2015-Feb 2016) "A classic with contemporary relevance" [ Review of the book In a Land Far From Home: A Bengali in Afghanistan (Deshe Bideshe) by Syed Mujtaba Ali. Translated from Bengali by Nazes Afroz] in The Earthern Lamp Journal. Vol. III, Issue II. (ISSUE 8) ISSN: 2327-29.
- Hamid, W. (Feb 2016) "Memory's Landscape" [Review of the book Ashes, Wine and Dust by Kanza Javed] in The Earthern Lamp Journal. Vol. IV, Issue I. (ISSUE9) ISSN: 2327-29.
- Hamid, W. (Feb 2016) "Home in the world" [Review of the book Matchbox: Stories by Ashapurna Debi translated by Prasenjit Gupta] in The Earthern Lamp Journal. Vol. IV, Issue I. (ISSUE9) ISSN: 2327-29.
Conferences and Workshops:
- Conducted a workshop-cum-lecture on “Understanding/Performing the Ghazal” by the Department of Music, University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, Indiana on April 3, 2018.
- Delivered lecture on ‘Indian Culture through English Language’ as part of the Soka University- St. Stephen’s College Academic Partnership Programme, 22nd February-15th March 2018, St. Stephen’s College.
- Delivered lecture on ‘Indian Culture through English Language’ as part of the Soka University- St. Stephen’s College Academic Partnership Programme, 23rd February-16th March 2017, St. Stephen’s College.
- Presented the paper “Discourses of Silence: (Re)writing the Queer body in Indian Cinema” in the Gay, Lesbian, and Queer Studies Area, 2018 Popular Culture Association (PCA/ACA) Conference in Indianapolis, USA, 28-31 March, 2018.
- On the Steering Committee (as organiser and participant) of the All-India U.S.-India Alumni Meet 2017 “Building Bridges through Exchanges: Strengthening the US.-India Partnership” organised by the U.S. Embassy and TERI, April 21-22, 2017.
- Part of the #whatempowersme programme for Women History Month by the Department of State, Office of Global Women’s Issues, U.S. Embassy, and American Centre, Delhi, India, 28 March, 2018.
- Successfully completed the 107th UGC sponsored Orientation Programme, 04-29 September, 2017, organised by Human Resource Development Centre, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi
© Copyright 2016 Lady Shri Ram College for Women, All rights reserved.