Department Of English
Dr. Shernaz Cama
- Made member of the International Advisory Group of the European Research Council Project - “Multimedia Yasna" in 2017. The Principal Investigator is Prof Almut Hintze Of SOAS . Dr Cama is in charge of the India Section for Research and Recording. This is a long term research Programme.
- Ministry of Minority Affairs Project - Jiyo Parsi Phase - 2, 2017 onwards. PI & Director as Director UNESCO Parzor.
- Ministry of Minority Affairs - Hamari Dharohar - Protecting Parsi Heritage: Navsari, 2018. PI & Director as Director UNESCO Parzor.
- Zoroastrian Heritage and the Parsis- Encounter India Programme, Mahindra United World Colleges, on 16th July, 2017, Delhi.
- Jiyo Mobed, on 19th November 2017, Mumbai.
- Zoroastrianism in the New Millenium, September 23rd , 2017,Calcutta.
- Fellow, Ancient India and Iran Trust, Cambridge, UK.
- Department Research Council, Department of English, University of Delhi.
Chapters in a Book:
- Cama, S. (May 2016). 'Threads of Continuity: Zoroastrian Life and Culture', ISBN: 978-81-910957-2-2.
- Lilaowala, A.Z. and Cama, S. (2013). Threads of Continuity: The Zoroastrian Craft of Kusti Weaving. Delhi: Parzore Foundation (ISBN: 9788191095715).
- Sengupta, D. & Cama, S. (Eds.) (2003). Blake, Wordsworth and Coleridge, Delhi: Worldview Publications. (ISBN: 81-86423-75-3)
- Cama, S. & Mathus, S.C. (1998) (Eds.). The Muse and Minorities: Social Concerns and Creative Cohesion. New Delhi: Steering Committee, The Muse and Minorities. (ISBN: 81-87129-02-6)
Articles in Newspapers/ Popular Magazines:
- Cama, S. (May 2016). ‘Parsi Textiles and Embroidery’ was published in The Everlasting Flame: Zoroastrianism in History and Imagination: Supplement ed. by Sarah Stewart, Ursula Sims Williams, Pheroza Punthakey Mistree, Published by SOAS, National Museum New Delhi and British Library.
- Cama, S. (2014). Sacred spaces: Diversity of religious traditions. In A. N. Balslev (Ed.). On World Religions: Diversity, Not Dissension (pp. 73-84). New Delhi: Sage. (ISBN: 978-81-321-1834-3)
- Cama, S. (2014). Sacred Armour: Ritual garments of the Parsi Zoroastrians. In J. Dhamiji (Ed.). Sacred Textiles of India (pp. 38-50). Delhi: Marg Publications. (ISBN: 9383243015)
- Cama, S. (2014). Parsi Embroidery: An intercultural amalgam. In M. Louise, N. Z Feng & L. Vardarjan (Eds.). Global Textile Encounters (pp 263-275). Copenhagen: Oxbow Books (ISBN: 978-1-78297-735-3).
- Cama, S. (2010). The Embroidery Cupboard: Oral Accounts of Parsi Embroidery. In S. Shah (Ed.). Peonies and Pagodas (pp. 176-183). Surat: Garden Silk Mills in association with TAPI Collections. (ISBN: 978-81-905935-1-9Ms.
Papers Presented in National/International Conferences:
- Cama, S. (2011). ‘Women: Keepers of the Flame’, Synergy Z, Journal of the World Zarthushti Chamber of Commerce, Vol 10, September, 2011.
- Cama, S. (2008). ‘The Parsi Zoroastrians of India’, Expat Magazine, Vol. II. Issue 3. August, 2008.
- Cama, S. (2008). ‘Parsi Crafts’, Power of Creativity for Sustainable Development (UNESCO), Vol. II. August, 2008.
- Cama, S. (2008). ‘Human Values and Zoroastrianism’, Education in Human Values: A Coursebook for Training of Master Trainers, Sai International Centre, June, 2008.
- Cama, S. (2008).‘Oral Traditions of the Parsi Zoroastrians’, Proceedings of the International Conference of National Trusts, INTACH, 2008.
- Cama, S. (2007). ‘Dastur Dr. Firoze Kotwal: An Interview’, Kriti Rakshana: National Mission for Manuscripts, Vol. III, No. 1and 2, August and October 2007.
- Cama, S. (2006). ‘The Emblem of the Parsi Religion’, Journal of the Commission for InterReligious Dialogue, April, 2006.
- Cama, S. (2002).‘Medicine: Traditional and Modern’, Hamazor, Vol. XXIV. Issue 4, 2002.
- Cama, S. (2001).‘Pictures with a Purpose’, India International Centre Diary, Vol. XV No. 4 July/Aug. 2001
- Cama, S. (2001). ‘William Blake’s Minor Prophecies’, Aligarh Critical Miscellany, Vol. XIV, No. 1, 2001.
- Cama, S. (2000). ‘The Stranger from Paradise’, Aligarh Critical Miscellany, Vol. XIII No. 2, 2000.
- Cama, S. (1999). ‘Part of the Mosaic’, India International Centre Quarterly, Vol. 26 No.2 Summer 1999
- Cama, S. (1999).‘Legacy of Zarathushtra’, India International Centre Diary, Vol. XIII No. 4, July/August 1999.
- Cama, S. (1997).‘Skimming the Slopes’, Namaskar, May/June 1997.
- Cama, S. (1996).‘The Muse and the Minorities’, India International Centre Diary, Volume X. No. 5. September/October, 1996.
- Cama, S. (1995). ‘The Emergence of Consciousness: Parallels in Zoroastrian Myth and Blake’s Jerusalem’, Aligarh Critical Miscellany, Vol. 8, No. 2, 1995.
- Cama, S. (1994).‘Byzantium: Symbolic Confluences’, India International Centre Diary, Volume 8, No. 1. February, 1994.
- Cama, S. (1994). ‘Browning Revisited’, Femina, 8th January, 1994.
- Cama, S. (1993). ‘Monsoon Memories’, Hindustan Times, 27th July, 1993.
Conferences and Workshops:
- Cama, S. (2014). Sacred Spaces: Interdependence not Dissension. Zoroastrian Representative at the International ICCR Interfaith Conference on World Religions ‘Diversity Not Dissension, New Delhi, 7th- 9th March 2013.
- Cama, S. (2014). Navroze, two day UNESCO Conference ‘Celebrating 10 Years of the Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity’, New Delhi, December, 2014.
- Cama, S. (2014). Sacred Armour: Relevance in a Changing World, presented at the SOAS International Conference ‘Looking Back: Zoroastrian Identity formation through Recourse to the Past’, London, 11th-12th October, 2014.
- Cama, S. (2013). Celebrating a Treasure: 140 Years at the First Dastoor Meherjirana Library, International Seminar, Navsari, Gujarat, 12- 15th January, 2013.
- Cama, S. (2009). A Zoroastrian view on Conservation of Natural Elements: Tankas of Bharuch, (co-authored), International Conference, ‘Faith & Water’, of the Alliance of Religions and Conservation (ARC), Salisbury, England, July, 2009.
- Cama, S. (2009). Do we need a World Religion: The Zoroastrian Perspective, International Conference on ‘Unity of Faiths, Sai International Centre’. It was published in ‘Towards an Age of Spirituality: Papers Presented at International Conference of Unity of Faiths 2009’, Sri Sathya Sai International Centre for Human Values New Delhi, 2009. The book was released by Former President Abdul Kalam.
- Cama, S. (2007). Oral Traditions of the Parsi Zoroastrians, at the 12th International Conference of National Trusts of INTO, in the Intangible Heritage Session, New Delhi, 3-5th December 2007.
- Cama, S. (2007). Sacred Space: Interdependence, Harmony and Conservation and Role of Religion and Spirituality in Promoting Universal Human Values, South Asia Interfaith Harmony Conclave, New Delhi, April 21st and 22nd 2007.
- Cama, S. (2004). The Meherjirana Library, at World Zoroastrian Conference, San Jose, USA December, 2004.
- Cama, S. (2002). Indian Education and Multiculturalism: Differences are not Divisions, National Seminar ‘Elementary Education: Shaping a Vision’ held by the Department of Elementary Education, Lady Shri Ram College, New Delhi, 22-23rdJanuary, 2002.
- Panel Discussion on The Parsis on 23rd September 2017, Calcutta.
- Panel Discussion ‘Making the Zoroastrian Religion Relevant to Modern Times’ on 24th December 2017, Udvada, Gujarat.
- Attended International Conference IGNCA, 29-31 March 2018, Indian Input to Central Asian Art and Culture.
- Presented Paper titled “An Ancient Spiritual Bond: The Yasna and the Yagna of Iran and India” at Conference The Asian Cultural Dialogues on Cultural Diversity and Co-operation held during 13-15 January 2018, Ferdowsi University, Mashaad, Iran.
- Cover Story ‘Cama’s Crusades’, Parsiana Journal on 21st March, 2017.
- Launched on July 29, 2017, the Jiyo Parsi Advertisement Campaign Phase -2 in Mumbai at K.R. Cama Oriental Institute.
- Guide for Project on Syrian Christianity: Presentation by Jonathan Koshy on 17th November 2017 at IIC, New Delhi, In Search of Ephrem the Saint: Suriani and the Materiality of Faith.
- Produced and wrote the script of ‘Not Just Milk &Sugar’, Film released on 23rd December at Udvada Utsav by Hon’ble Minister for Minority Affairs, Mr. M. Naqvi.
- Cama, S. (2017). Introductions to the four books: The Indian Parsis, Themes Old and New edited by Shalini Bharat, Armaity S. Desai, ISBN: 978-93-860-4292-7 (HB), Contemporary Parsis, Marriage, Family and Community by Shalini Bharat, ISBN: 978-93-860-4292-7 (HB), The World of Indian Parsi Youth, Status and Perceptions by Lata Narayan, ISBN: 978-93-860-4292-7 (HB), The Parsi Elderly, To Live with Dignity by Siva Raju, ISBN: ISBN: 978-93-860-4292-7 (HB).
- Cama, S. (February 2017). 'Culture in Changing World' in the FEZANA Journal
- Cama, S. (2015). Represented the Zoroastrian community at a two day international conference conducted by His Holiness, The Dalai Lama A Meeting of Diverse Spiritual Traditions in India: Promoting Human Values and Inter-religious Harmony. Her speech at the Plenary has been published in a book based on the papers of this conference, March 2015.
- Cama, S. (2015). Produced a film India Presents Navroze as part of the SNA, Ministry of Culture submission in Paris for the UNESCO ICH programme, December, 2014-January, 2015.
- Cama, S. (2014). Presented the first Google Cultural Institute online exhibition on Zoroastrianism From Persia to Akbar’s Court. This is part of an ongoing Series of which she is the Curator for GCI, 31st July, 2014.
- Cama, S. (2014). Invited by the Irish Embassy to speak on W. B. Yeats to commemorate 150 years of Yeats, at a two day seminar held in conjunction with DU at Shaheed Bhagat Singh College, 2014.
- Cama, S. (2010). Produced and edited for UNESCO Parzor Apru Navsari: An Interactive CD, on the history and culture of the town of Navsari, 2010.
- Cama, S. (2008). Zoroastrianism: Tradition & Transmission, a lecture in the Dialogues of Faith Series at the India International Centre, 3rd May, 2008.
- Cama, S. (2007). Interviewed Dr. Dastur Kotwal Hea ad Priest of the Parsis for the NMM (National Manuscript Mission) magazine Kriti Rakshana, June, 2007.
- Cama, S. (2004). Invited to represent India at Tehran for the Iranian National Commission for UNESCO and Iranian Cultural Heritage and Tourism Conference for the Multi National Candidature File Preparation for the UNESCO 3rd Proclamation of Masterpieces of Oral and Intangible Heritage of Humanity, July-August, 2004.
- Cama, S. (2000).The Monajat: Enduring Traditions, International Workshop ‘Shruti’ jointly organised by the IGNCA (Indira Gandhi National Centre for the Arts) and the South Asia Institute, University of Heidelberg, on 11th November, 2000.
- Cama, S. (1999). Unity and Interdependence: The Zoroastrian Tradition and Nature and The Zoroastrian Statement on Nature, the National Consultation on Religion and Conservation, organised by WWF, New Delhi, 1999.
© Copyright 2016 Lady Shri Ram College for Women, All rights reserved.