Department Of English
Dr. Madhu Grover
Books Authored/ Edited:
Paper(s) in Journals (National/International):
- Grover, M. (Ed.) (2001). John Dryden's MacFlecknoe. Delhi: Worldview Publications. (ISBN: 81-86423-58-3).
- Editorial Board, Modern Indian Literature: Poems and Short Stories (Edited by and for the Department of English, University of Delhi) (New Delhi: Oxford University Press, 1999) (ISBN-13:978-0-19-565118-8; ISBN-10: 0-19-565118-9).
Book Reviews Published in:
- Grover, M. (1990). ‘Some Debts’ and five other poems. Indian Literature: Sahitya Akademi's Literary Bi-monthly, 33(5), (pp. 25-29). (ISSN 0019-5804)
- Contributed to Routledge Encyclopedia of Modernism, 2015 (forthcoming).
Papers Presented in National/International Conferences:
- The Book Review – August, 1996.
- The Pioneer- May, June, 1996
- The Hindustan Times- 42 Book reviews between September, 1996 and July, 1999. Published in the Sunday section of the paper (of Indian authors like Shashi Deshpande, Amrita Pritam, Ashapurna Devi, Kiran Desai, Amit Chaudhery, Kaizad Gustad and non-Indian authors like Carl Muller, Martin Amis, Freya North, Joseph Mitchell & Ernest Hemingway [posthumously published final novel, True at First Light, 1999]
- Grover, M. (2017). ‘Whose Kipling is he anyway? : The writer familiar with the “wild and strange” India.’ The XVII FILLM (Fédération Internationale des Langues et Littératures Modernes) International Congress (14-17 March 2017) at the India International Centre, New Delhi. She was also a Member of the Local Organizing Committee for the FILLM Congress.
- Grover, M. (2016). 'On the Edge: The Conundrum of Kipling's Ambivalent Fictions.' International Conference on "Kipling in India: India in Kipling" (26-28 April, 2016) organized in association with the Kipling Society, United Kingdom, at Indian Institute of Advanced Study, Shimla.
- Grover, M. (2011). An Alter-‘Native’ Desire: Kipling’s Indian Narratives, Interdisciplinary International Conference on ‘Love, Sex, Desire & the (Post)Colonial’ at Senate House, Institute of English Studies, University of London, UK, 28-29th October, 2011.
- Grover, M. (2009). An Alter-‘Native’ Authority: Native Identities and Liminal Spaces in Kipling’s Narratives, National Conference on ‘Conflict, Belonging & Multiculturalism’, organised by the Department of English, Sri Venkateshwara College, University of Delhi, 5- 7th November, 2009.
- Grover, M. (1999). Contemporary Women’s Writings in India, 14th Oxford Conference on ‘Teaching of Literature Overseas: Teaching Contemporary Literature’ at Corpus Christi College, Oxford, UK, 11-17th April, 1999.
- Grover, M. (2014). Invited to give a talk along with a power-point presentation on Existentialism and Literature focussing on Modernist links between philosophy, art, and avant-garde and absurdist theatre at Sri Venkateswara College, University of Delhi, March, 2014.
- Grover, M. (1991). Creative Writing (Poems) in Horizon: Literary Magazine Programme of the External Services Division of A.I.R. (April 1991 and September, 1991).
- Grover, M. (1991). Critical Work (Academic Paper) on Wordsworth, for the Overseas Programme of A.I.R. (October, 1991).
© Copyright 2016 Lady Shri Ram College for Women, All rights reserved.