Department Of Economics
Dr. Neelam Singh
Chapter(s) in book(s):
Paper(s) in Journal(s) (National/International):
- Singh, N. (2016). Reprinted in Siddharthan N.S. and Narayanan, K. (Eds.) (2016), ‘Innovation and Global Competitiveness: Case of India's Manufacturing Sector’. London: Taylor and Francis (Routledge).
- Singh, N. (2014).Automotive Industry Response to its Global QMS Standard ISO/TS-16949. In K. Das (Ed.). Globalization and Standards: Issues andChallenges in Indian Business (pp. 121-142). New Delhi: Springer. (ISBN 978-81- 322-1993-4, ISSN: 2198-0012)
- Singh, N. (2010). Original Equipment Supply Chains and Auto Component Exports
from India. In N.S. Siddharthan and K. Narayanan (Eds.), Indian and Chinese Enterprises: Global Trade, Technology and Investment Regimes (pp. 270-301). London, New York and New Delhi: Routledge. (ISBN-13:978-0-415-56316-1, ISBN: 978-041556316X)
- Singh, N. (2007). Globalization and Auto Component SMEs in India. In M. Agarwal& A.S. Ray (Eds.). Globalization and the Millennium Development Goals: Negotiating the Challenge (pp. 147-172), Delhi: Social Science Press. (ISBN-13: 978-8-18735-832-9; ISBN-10: 8-18735-832-7).
- Singh, N. (2007). Automotive Industry. In N. Kumar & K.J. Joseph (Eds.), International Competitiveness & Knowledge-based Industries in India (pp. 233- 279). Delhi: Oxford University Press. (ISBN 13: 978-0-19-568671-5, ISBN 10: 0- 19-568671-3)
- Singh, N. (2007). The Investment Issue: Revive or TRIM the Performance Requirements? In A. Thakur & N. Sharma (Eds.). WTO and India (pp. 632-652). Delhi: Deep & Deep Publications. (ISBN 81-7629-926-X)
- Singh, N. (2006). R&D, Import of Technology and Trade Intensities: A Simultaneous Equation Micro-level Examination. In S. Tendulkar, A. Mitra, K. Narayanan & D. Das (Eds.). India: Industrialisation in a Reforming Economy – Essays for K L Krishna (pp. 471-491). Delhi: Academic Foundation. (ISBN 81- 7188-488-1)
- Singh, N. (2001). Trade Intensities over a Liberalization Phase: The Influence of Firm Size, Foreign Ownership, and Technological Inputs in Indian Pharmaceuticals. In A. Guha, K.L Krishna & A. Lahiri (Eds.), Trade and Industry: Essays by NIPFP-Ford Foundation Fellows (pp. 27-64), New Delhi: National Institute of Public Finance and Policy. (ISBN 81-259-1155-3)
Book Reviews in Journals:
- Singh, N. (2013). Influence of Outward – Foreign Direct Investment and Technological Efforts on Exports: Indian Auto Component Firms. Innovation and Development, 3(2), 205-221. (ISSN print: 2157-930X; online: 2157-9318).
- Singh, N., &Pradhan, J.P. (2011). Business Group Affiliation and Location of Indian Firms’ Foreign Acquisitions. Journal of International Commerce, Economics and Policy, 2(1), 19-41. (ISSN: 1793-9933)
- Singh, N. (2011). Emerging Economy Multinationals: The Role of Business Groups. Economics. Management and Financial Markets, Special Issue on Emerging Economies, 6(1), 142-181. (ISSN: 1842-3191)
- Singh, N. (2010). Adoption of Industry-Specific Quality Management System Standards: Determinants for Auto Component Firms in India. International Journal of Productivity and Quality Management, 5 (1), 88-107. (ISSN Print: 1746-6474; Online: 1746-6482)
- Singh, N. &Pradhan, J.P. (2009). Outward FDI and Knowledge Flows: A Study of the Indian Automotive Sector. International Journal of Institutions and Economies, 1 (1), 155-186. (ISSN: 1985-7276)
- Singh, N. (1990). Profitability, Growth and Indebtedness of Firms: The Effects of Size, Foreign Ownership and MNE Size. Journal of Quantitative Economics, 6(1), 127 149. (ISSN: 0971-1554; for old series ISSN: 0970-1532)
- Singh, N. (1989). Trade Behaviour of Firms: An Empirical Study of the Size and Foreign Collaboration Effects. Indian Economic Review, 24(1), 45 66. (ISSN: 0019-4670)
Papers Presented in National/ International Conferences
- Singh, N. (1998).[Review of the book Pharmaceutical Economics, by B. Lindgren (Eds.)].The Indian Economic Review, XXIII (2), 275-277. (ISSN: 0019-4670)
- Singh, N. (2012). Technological Efforts and Global Operations: Indian Auto Component Firms, VIIth Annual International Conference of Global Knowledge Forum on ‘Technology Intensity and Global Competitiveness’, hosted by Symbiosis International University, Pune, 30thNovember-2ndDecember, 2012.
- Singh, N. (2011). Automotive Industry and Global Standards, National Workshop on ‘Two Decades of Economic Globalisation in India: How Have Firms and Consumers Responded?’ (Part of an ESRC funded research network on ‘Rising Powers and Global Standards’, based at the University of Manchester, UK.), organised by Gujarat Institute of Development Research, Ahmedabad, in Delhi, 22-23rdApril, 2011.
- Singh, N. (2008). Outward FDI and Knowledge Flows: A study of the Indian Automotive Sector, International conference on Globalisation of Knowledge Development and Delivery of the Forum for Global Knowledge Sharing, held at the Institute for Studies in Industrial Development, Delhi, 17-18thOctober, 2008. [co authored]
- Singh, N. (2007). Quality Management System Standards and Being OEM/ Tier Exporter: Determinants for Indian Auto Component Firms, International conference on ‘Globalisation of Chinese and Indian Enterprises’ of the Forum for Global Knowledge Sharing, held at IIT, Bombay, 2-3rdNovember, 2007. [available at http://knowledgeforum.tifac.org.in/ viewArticle.php?id=52]
- Singh, N. (2006). Learning, Innovation and Competence Building in SMEs: The Case of Indian Automotives, Globelics India International Conference ‘Innovation Systems for Competitiveness and Shared Prosperity in Developing Countries’, organised by Centre for Development Studies (CDS), Thiruvananthapuram and IIM Bangalore, Thiruvananthapuram, 4-7thOctober, 2006.
- Singh, N. (2006). Globalisation and Auto Component SMEs in India at International conference on ‘Globalisation and the Millennium Development Goals’,organised by CITD (SIS), JNU and London School of Economics, Delhi, 19-20thJanuary, 2006.
- Singh, N. (2000). R&D, Import of Technology and Trade Intensities: A Simultaneous Equation Approach at International conference held in honour of Prof. K.L. Krishna on ‘Industrialization in a Reforming Economy: A Quantitative Assessment’ at CDS, Delhi School of Economics, Delhi, December, 2000.
- Train-the-Trainer workshop on “Open Data and Open Knowledge” on 17th April, 2018 at the World Bank office, New Delhi, for Professors/Assistant Professors/Associate Professors, organized by the World Bank Group, New Delhi along with National Informatics Centre – Data Division as the knowledge partners.
- Singh, N. (2014).The Influence of OFDI and Tech-Efforts on Exports: Indian Automotive Firms, Centre for Studies in Economics and Planning, School of Social Sciences, Central University of Gujarat, 12thSepember, 2014.
- Singh, N. (2009). Discussant at International conference on ‘Innovation and Development under Globalization: BRICS Experience’, organised by CDS, Kerala and Federal University of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, held at Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala, 19-21stAugust, 2009.
- Singh, N. (2006). Technological Capabilities and Export Competitiveness of Indian Automotive Firms, at JNU (Centre for Studies in Science Policy, School of Social Sciences), 15thNovember, 2006.
- Singh, N. (2004). The Indian Automotive Industry, at a RIS-DSIR workshop on ‘Strategic Approach to Strengthening the International Competitiveness in Knowledge based Industries, Delhi, 13thAugust, 2004.
- Singh, N. (1998). Trade Propensities over a Liberalization Phase: The Influence of Firm Size, Foreign Ownership, and Technological Inputs in Indian Pharmaceuticals, at NIPFP/ Ford Foundation Post-Doctoral Research Fellowship Programme Seminar, Delhi, 6-7thNovember, 1998
© Copyright 2016 Lady Shri Ram College for Women, All rights reserved.